Everyone knows that Netlify and Heroku has a free plan where you can deploy your application. My main idea behind this blog is
Free deployment and linking with a custom domain so that
web traffic will keep remain on your domain. In case your user increase, you can buy dedicated servers.
- Custom Domain: The domain which you buy from a domain provider e.g. Godaddy.com.
- Angular: You can use any SPA e.g. React, Vue.
- Scully - Angular Static Site Generator. There are many options available for Vue and React.
- mdBootstrap for CSS and Design
So below are the problems which I faced:
- Heroku allows you to deploy the full dynamic site but
for custom domain linking you have to buy a paid plan.
- Netlify allows you to deploy the JAM Stack. In short, It allows us to deploy the static HTML. You can only use High-Level Languages(Node, PHP, Ruby, etc...) to build your project.
You can not deploy your server(e.g. Node JS) application on Netlify.
Solution is simple:
- Deploy Backend Node Application on Heroku
- Deploy Frontend Angular Scully Application on Netlify
- I used Heroku to write my blogs, store it in MongoDB, and display blogs on Netlify Frontend Application.
- Like domain with Netlify, So that Web traffic always on your domain.
For resources, assets and images. I am using GitHub so that less space on Heroku and Netlify.
By the great combination of Heroku and Netlify, you can freely deploy your applications, you just need to buy a domain. This technology stack and deployment techniques will help you understand about software deployment and CI/CD, where you don't pay any money and credit card for the whole implementation. I'll write furthermore blogs about how to deploy applications on Heroku and Netlify with Domain Linking.